I was wondering one day that is it really possible if i was deaf and dumb and my husband would understand even my deepest thoughts.That was the time I rushed from my living area to my bedroom to fetch some papers and pen and designed a foolproof game.Where i was the one who played the victim as always and he was to understand my thoughts.A long one hour we spent playing ,cuddling and finally the conclusion was yes, he could understand my thoughts.The results were not just because he love me but because my non verbal communicating power were too strong.The same kind of game is played in the interview room .Where interview is a game amd you are being judged as a victim.You keep practicising on formulating the best answer for each question but what yoy forget is to practice your body language.
As wise man has said your eyes speaks the truth .Your body language expresses your nervousness or your excitement.So while we are busy preparing our question answer round, why not to spare some 15 minutes to improve our non verbal communication.There are thousands of books and online tests available to improve your gestures and most important thr facial expressions.Girls gear up your smile can be the answer to many unknown questions amd boys dnt be disheartened your charming eyes will help you to create the powrful impact.
Some of the tips even I am mentioning here.
- Look engaged with a pleasant smile on your face.
- Do not open your eyes wide to make an eye contact.Soften your eyes to make them look natural.
- Practice at home in front of mirror.Yes the old method but somehow it helps a lot.
- Figure out your reactions when you are nervous.May be chewing nails, eyes blinking,rubbing nose etc.Work on those areas.
- Lift your eyebrows a little, just to ensure that you are having an interesting conversation.
There are endless methods through which you can improvise your non verbal communication.Because words are always the later stage, you connect through your body.The above story was may be enteratining but it has a sense.We connect through our eyes, gestures and positive feel.
Learn,Practice and Improvise.
Thanks for reading the post.All the thoughts and questions will be appreciated in the commemts section.Happy reading.
Six figure salary, lavish life, party and what not we dream from our first job. These dreams can be turned into reality. All you need is some efforts in the right direction. Lets start learning to be smart and diplomatic to get what you desire.
Your clothes make the first impression.Do not worry if they are not branded.Your hike in salary will get you many brands in closet.
- For Boys: Pick any dark color trouser and pair them with light color shirt. Do not go for Chinese collar and double pocket shirt. Jump for stripes and solid color shirts. They are never out of fashion. Yes you got to make the fashion statement. You good looks will definitely boost your confidence. Oops….Don’t forget to wear your formal shoes that too the laces one.
- For Girls: Sorry girls, we do have to choose this time from our closet a nice striped shirt and ankle fitted trouser. Make sure that your trousers are in proper shape. Those who want to go for ethnic wear wear any subtle color which suits your skin color. Avoid choosing very bright color .
Our body talks even before our mouth does .so beware and practice to control them. They speak in coordination with our emotions.Thus it is very very important to control your movements. Open palms and hands suggests you confidence and positive attitude. Whereas if you fidgeting all the time during your interviewer ,it may cause distraction to interviewer and also passes on low confidence message. An interesting part of interviewer is to read the interviewer body language too. Nodding head, leaning forward, tilting head to one direction ensures that you have made a mark .
It is always recommended to carry a pen and paper during your interview so that you can jot down questions asked and practice them later at home.
Some add on are always there which might creates a bad impression. So make a note of them a night before the interview.
- Carry 2 copies of you Cv’s along with documents.
- Paste your photograph.
- Sign your CV with date before passing it to interviewer.
- Arrange your document folder in chronological order.
- Reach on time scheduled.
- Read vacancy detail .Also employers literature – Like what stream of business they are working in and how you can be useful to them.
- Do not ever bad mouth your previous employer.It might get you in trouble.
- Give a firm handshake to interviewer before and after the interview.
Rest you know about your achievements and capabilities which you want to brag.So just impress them with your skills and confidence.Do not forget to treat your friends and family once you get the job.
Wish you Luck