Effective communication is essential to the success of any business. Communication is the blood flow of a company, delivering the information to the employees. It is required to strengthen the relationship at work. Communication starts from the leaders and flows down to the lowest level of the organisation.
As a mentor and educator, I have experienced some communication flaws in the teaching industry as well. Which in turn not only disturbs the working condition but has a huge impact on students. It is believed that a teacher should enter the class with a calm mind. Knowledge can only be transferred when a mind is calm and balanced. This can’t be achieved if the working environment is not stable in the organisation. A pedagogical leadership includes all the rules for the effective leadership in accordance with the national curriculum. Pedagogical leadership can be dialogues interpreting the objectives of the institution and focusing on teaching and learning issues.
Here in the article, some of the impact of poor communication is listed:
- Decreased productivity: Who would like to have a lower productive employees but then again, if the instructions are not communicated properly. A condition where leader fails to instruct the actions properly to the subordinates. Eventually they loose their interest in the work and in turn it leads to decreased productivity.
- Low Morale in employees: Morale is measured as the satisfaction level of an employee. In a case of poor communication , there are chances that bad communication can lead to conflicts between the employees. If the number of conflicts are high at the workplace it can lead to high amount of dissatisfaction and bringing down the morale of an employee.
- Mistakes are high: Every action of an employee is interlinked with one another things. In this case it is poor communication. An employee morale is zilch and on top of that, he is not receiving clear orders from the leader is a messy situation. It has been proven in the Haw throne studies that chances of committing mistakes are high in the situation of messed mind.
- Distrust: Poor communication is the base of all kind of problems in the organisation. When the jobs are not instructed properly, it can create a environment of chaos and distrust in the leader. Subordinates starts judging the leader immediately and gradually doubt the decisions as well. From my own personal experience it is actually a worst situation for the leader himself. Employees can always resign but leader has a bad name.
- Increase Employee turnover: Employee always holds high hopes from the organisation in terms of job satisfaction and good working environment.Communication can work wonders if handled properly and vice versa. With poor communication network employee tends to start doubting his career growth staying in the organisation. He feels frustrated. It can be one major cause of increase employee turnover in the organisation.
A great leader can turn negative situation into a positive one, but a bad leader can shut the business down. Choose your words and charisma wisely.